Skate on the Square
Skate on the Square
Celebration Square is an outdoor rink that may need to close temporarily during periods of heavy snow or warmer temperatures. To confirm the rink is open, call 905-615-3200 ext. R-I-N-K (7465).
The Celebration Square ice rink will open on December 11, 2020, and closes March 21, 2021.
The Celebration Square ice rink will be open daily from 10 am to 9 pm
The rink is patrolled weekdays from 4:30 pm to 9 pm, weekends from 10 am to 9 pm, and holidays.
Effective December 18, 2020, reservations must be made on ActiveMississauga.ca to reserve your skate time at the MCS outdoor skating rink.
How to Reserve:
- Outdoor skating reservations are available up to 7 days in advance and open online at 6 am daily.
- Reservations are required for all patrons (including parents/guardians or others accompanying skaters).
- Please register for 1 program a day (to allow maximum participation of community members).
- Please create an account on ActiveMississauga.ca, or by clicking here
- Select "New User" and follow the prompts
- Once your account is made, you will be able to add the drop-in skate programs to your "basket" and check-out (note: Admission is free)
- For assistance during the process, you may view video tutorials. Read FAQs, send an email, or call the Customer Service Centre at 905-615-4100 during business hours
- Registered participants must check-in at the gate 15 minutes prior to start time.
- Reservations will only be held for 5 minutes past the start time before being cancelled.
- WAITLIST is disabled and not monitored, when a program is full no further online registration will be considered.
- The rink can accommodate a maximum of 60 people at one-time with skating sessions starting every hour on the hour.
- Program times allow for physical distancing and current safety protocols.
- Skate rentals are available from 4 pm to 9 pm on weekdays and 10 am to 9 pm on weekends; please scroll for more rental information below.
- Public washrooms will be accessible during skate times.
- Please note that COVID-19 health & safety protocols are in place; please review mask and distancing requirements below to plan your visit.
City Skate - Skate Rental and Sharpening Services
Skate Rental Hour
Weekdays: 4 pm to 9 pm
Weekends: 10 am to 9 pm
Skate Rental Holiday Hours from December 19, 2020 to January 3, 2021
Open daily: 10 am to 9 pm
Please Note - Christmas Day (December 25) and New Years Day (January 1) open from noon to 9 pm
Skate Rental - Children (12 and under): $5
Skate Rental - Adults: $10
Helmet Rental: $5
Skate Sharpening: $8
*pricing is based on 2 hour rentals
For more information, please visit the City Skate website:
Please note: Lockers are not available.
Skate on the Square: Important COVID-19 Health and Safety Information
Celebration Square is taking steps to safely open the ice rink with support from Peel Public Health and guidance from the Province of Ontario. The health and safety of our guests and employees are our top priority.
Let's do our part to keep Celebration Square a safe environment for everyone to enjoy. Please take note of the following health & safety measures, prior to visiting the ice rink:
- The maximum capacity for the rink is 60 people at one time and will be strictly monitored by City staff
- Face coverings are mandatory while in line and while using the washroom; face coverings are strongly encouraged on and off the ice and are required when a physical distance of 2m from others cannot be maintained
- If you feel sick or have travelled within the last 14 days, stay home and get tested
- All skaters are required to maintain physical distancing of 2 metres from other groups; masks or face coverings are required when unable to maintain a 2 metre distance
- Skating is only permitted in one-direction (counter-clockwise)
- Picnic tables are setup 2 metres apart for skaters to change into their skates; occupancy of each table is limited to individual household groups
- All rental equipment (skates, skate aids, helmets, etc.) is sanitized after each use with government approved products; rentals, including inventory, are managed by City Skate Rentals (third party vendor)
- Skaters that are renting equipment will be required to sign a waiver that includes information for contact tracing
- Staff are required to wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) and follow safety protocol at all times
- Signage is present throughout the facility to educate and improve awareness of our safety requirements and prevent the spread of COVID-19
Skaters Code of Conduct:
- Please listen to and obey skate patrollers at all times
- Please do not bring food or drink on the ice surface
- Skate in the approved direction only. Do not skate backwards
- All participants must be in full control and be able to avoid contact with other skaters - No horseplay/games
- Please do not skate excessively fast or erratically
- No hockey equipment or other toys/equipment are permitted on the ice surface
- Only approved skate aid devices will be permitted
- Please do not stand/rest on the ice surface
- Please do not carry children while skating
- Please leave the ice surface immediately when asked to do so by the skate patrollers
- The use of CSA approved hockey helmets by all participants is strongly recommended
- All participants must wear ice skates (excluding those in wheelchairs/sledges)
Approved Skating Aids permitted during public skate times:
- Wheelchairs (persons accompanying a participant in a wheelchair must wear ice skates)
- E-Z Gliders
- Other equipment not specifically designed as a skating aid