Mary Fix nee McNulty (1896-1972) was educated in Ottawa and Toronto, graduating from Osgoode School of Law in 1918 to become Ottawa's first woman lawyer. In 1931, Mary married virtuoso pianist Alphonse Fix and settled in Toronto Township. Mary entered into politics in 1953 becoming Toronto Township's first woman politician. She held many positions and was instrumental in guiding the development and growth of the area. She held the position of Reeve (district official) for the years 1955, 1957, 1958 and 1961. Mary became Peel County's first female Warden in 1959.
Aside from politics, Mary was interested in many aspects of the community. She was a member of the Victorian Order of Nurses, the Mississauga Library Board, a founding member of the Toronto Township Historical Society (today the Mississauga Heritage Foundation), and helped to create the Bradley Museum. Mary died on May 2nd 1972.
The Museums have a large collection of images, diaries and letters related to Mary Fix.